Tuesday, 10 May 2011

1st set of 'Refurb' pictures

Here is the 1st set of pictures of one of my refurbishment projects; my old Tamiya Panther Ausf A.

The first thing I needed to do was to gently pry the top of the hull away from the bottom half. This gave me access to the lower hull where I need to add the sponson plates. I also re-created the familiar 'track sag' of the German heavy tanks. The method I use is really simple; I use black cotton thread to tie the top section of track to the road wheels!

Here are the pictures;
 

 

2 comments:

  1. nice idea to restore some old models, i should do that aswell :)
    cool method for the sagging tracks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I've got quite a few old models that need improving/refurbishing, so I've got my work cut out!
    I'm taking a bit of a break from my Dragon Wagon; it's built and painted, it just needs weathering and the burnt out sherman painted and fitted with sponson plates.
    I'm suffering from a bit of 'artist's block' at the moment with the sherman, hence the need to take a break and go back to some of my old models to work on them :)

    ReplyDelete